Serving the residents of Hackberry, Lakewood Village, Oak Point, Cross Roads and Little Elm
The Little Elm Area Food Bank was recognized by the Little Elm Chamber of Commerce as Community Partner of the Year (2019).
Who we serve:
- Children– Through no fault of their own, 35% of our clients are children.
- Seniors- Most of our seniors often have to choose between food and medical care being on a limited income. With nearly a third of our clients being seniors, we work to ensure that our elderly clients are fed.
- Working Poor- Many working adults struggle with covering expenses until their next paycheck. Of the households we serve, 46% have at least 1 working adult.
- Single Parents– Single parents often find that the ability to provide nutritious food loses priority to other expenses such as rent, transportation, utilities, and daycare.
- Veterans- The hidden face of hunger often includes those who have served in the U.S. Military. Of those served by the food bank, 1 in 5 households includes a family member who is a former military member.
Last year with the assistance of our donors and volunteers we were able to provide:
- Over 279,000 meals
- Covered 100% of the expenses for Meals on Wheels within Little Elm.
- Provided an additional 11,000 meals for the Summer Kid’s Eat Free Lunch Program
- Our volunteers saved us $163,080 worth of labor.
"I have had nothing but exceptional service from the Little Elm Area Food Bank. When I lost my job they were able to provide service right away without hassle. I was recommended to the LEAFB from the Denton County Health Department. I would recommend this food bank to anyone who is in need for a short time.”
“In the past year, my husband and I had been laid off from our jobs and our third child was born. We went from being a lower middle class family to having nothing overnight. I spent many nights crying and wondering how we’d make it. A friend suggested going to the Little Elm Area Food Bank for assistance. When I got there, I was feeling very nervous and ashamed but knew I didn’t have enough food to last the week. When we went inside, the staff was warm, friendly and incredibly thoughtful. I left with enough food to get us through until the next month. I’m thankful for this organization and hope you all know how much of a difference you are making in our community.”
“I just want to thank you guys so much, since my husband passed away and we moved to Texas its been a little rough, had to swallow some pride and ask for help and I pray it will come back to you 10 fold. Thank you for helping and being so nice.”
“Words can not express my gratitude and thankfulness for the kindness and generosity of this food bank and all the wonderful people who work here. Without this assistance, I would have gone hungry. This is a true gift from God. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this pantry in order to help me and all those in need.”