The Little Elm Area Food Bank was recognized by the Little Elm Chamber of Commerce as Community Partner of the Year (2019).
Who we serve:
- Children– Through no fault of their own, 35% of our clients are children.
- Seniors- Most of our seniors often have to choose between food and medical care being on a limited income. With nearly a third of our clients being seniors, we work to ensure that our elderly clients are fed.
- Working Poor- Many working adults struggle with covering expenses until their next paycheck. Of the households we serve, 46% have at least 1 working adult.
- Single Parents– Single parents often find that the ability to provide nutritious food loses priority to other expenses such as rent, transportation, utilities, and daycare.
- Veterans- The hidden face of hunger often includes those who have served in the U.S. Military. Of those served by the food bank, 1 in 5 households includes a family member who is a former military member.
Last year with the assistance of our donors and volunteers we were able to provide:
- Over 279,000 meals
- Covered 100% of the expenses for Meals on Wheels within Little Elm.
- Provided an additional 11,000 meals for the Summer Kid’s Eat Free Lunch Program
- Our volunteers saved us $163,080 worth of labor.
- Aubrey, 76227
- Cross Roads, 76227
- Denton County FWSD Paloma Creek North & South, 76227
- Denton County FWSD Arrow Brooke and Savannah, 76227
- Frisco, 75034 & 75036
- Hackberry, 75068
- Lakewood Village, 75068
- Little Elm, 75068 & 76227 and within the boundary of Little Elm ISD
- Krugerville 76227
- Oak Point, 75068
- Providence Village, 76227.
When: Saturday, November 18th, 2023 from 8:30am-12:30pm
Where: Little Elm Area Food Bank.
Please arrive by 8:30 am wear warm clothes since we will be working outside.